Frank F. Mott was associated with the drug store business in Garrettsville for 56 years. He came to Garrettsville from Hiram in 1875 and associated himself in the drug store of Dr. E.B. Lee. Later the store name was changed to Lee & Mott and after Dr. Lee’s death in 1890, F.F. Mott assumed ownership.
Mott’s Drug Store carried an assortment of wares including drugs, medicines, chemicals, paints, oils, varnishes, brushes, trusses and leather goods, toilet articles and perfumeries.A leading specialty was the filling of physicians’ prescriptions, farm and householdrecipes, veterinarians’ formulas, etc.
Mr. Mott was active in civic business life in town. He occupied the mayoral chair in 1890 and 1891, and served several terms on the village council. He was active in the Masonic Lodge and the Silver Creek Chapter, R.A.M. and was always interested in all projects affecting the village.
Frank Fletcher Mott was born in Hiram on May 25, 1854, the son of Eber and Sabrina Fletcher Mott. He attended Hiram Schools and Hiram College. He was married on April 21, 1885, to Hattie Hadden. They had five children, Mrs. Frances Tracy, Cassius H. Mott, Mrs. Hazel Blanchfield and Carl M. Mott. A daughter Laura died in 1922. Mr. Mott died in June, 1932 and his son Carl M. continued the business for a few years.
The Historical Society has purchased and placed a bronze plaque by the museum’s entrance declaring the National Register prestige of the “Mott Drug Store”.