Just a few hundred feet north of the museum stands the village Clock Tower. The building of the new tower was a community project which was begun at the time of our nation’s bicentennial. Community fund-raising efforts were intense and donations were generous, but in the meantime, costs of construction were escalating It was through the efforts of the newly organized Historical Society that the tower construction was completed in 1980 and the 1907 clock was restored and placed in the new tower. The four-faced clock was rescued from its original home in the town’s Opera House when it met its demise several years ago on this very same spot. The old clock, which was purchased so long ago with donations from loyal friends and pennies from the school children, still chimes the hour over our village.